Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Greenfield Update

Happy Holiday everyone!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got to share it with the ones you love! It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving day has come and gone and now we are only 4 weeks away from Christmas! Where has this year gone? This is my favorite time of year...Christmas music, holiday lights, friends and family gathering together, peppermint mocha coffee creamer, Christmas shopping, my birthday, snow, Christmas movies and that "holiday feeling" that warms my heart for the next 4 weeks...how can you not love this time of year?!

I know I haven't written much lately so I will take a minute or two to update everyone on what's been happening in our lives:

The biggest news I have to share with you is that Scott and I are now parents to a super cute puppy named Lexi. We got Lexi 4 weeks ago at the young age of 12 weeks! She is a black and while Shih Tuz/Poodle mix. Scott and I have been talking about getting a dog for a while now but just could not find a dog that we truly couldn't live without. That is until I saw Lexi's face!!! When we meet her we both fell in love! It has been a big life style adjustment and a greater responsibility than we originally thought but we learned quickly and now I couldn't imagine our lives without her. She's a really good dog and super smart! She's been house trained from almost day one, she knows her name, sleeps through the night without a sound, she'll sit on command and knows the word "no" (most of the time)! She has brought a lot of joy to our lives so far and we look forward to having her with us for a long time. Here are a couple pictures of Lexi:








Besides getting Lexi, our lives have been pretty much the same. Scott will done with this semester in just 2 weeks, which means that we will get to spend (a lot) more time together! This semester has been a challenge and has put a lot of stress on the both of us. We haven't been able to spend a lot of quality time together over the past 3 months and it has begun affecting on our marriage. We have pushed through and supported each other as best as we can, however, we both realized that having either one of us gone every night of the week and on the weekends is something we don't want to do again. We both agree that it's not worth the stress on our marriage or on us individually. Next semester Scott will only be in class 2 nights a week so we are hoping that it will be a much better schedule for us. I fully support Scott following his dreams and career goals but it's been hard to keep up that support when I see it affecting our marriage. Luckily we've been able to address these feelings and have made more of an effort to make the most of the time we do spend together. We have reinstated "date night" which not only allows us to spend quality time together but it also gets us out of the house! :-) We are so excited about the holidays and spending lots of time together!

Well,that is all the time I have. Lexi is up from her puppy nap and wants to play so I better go give her some loves before she gets into anything she's not supposed to! I guess I'll have to write about Thanksgiving and my birthday at another time!

Love,
Heather, Scott, Lexi and Joey

No comments: